MyxerMagic™ Web Extensions let you quickly send any image
on the web directly to your mobile phone - right from the context menu of your
favorite web browser!
Grab photos of friends and family from Facebook, Flickr, whatever. Better yet, grab
photos of more attractive strangers from other places on the web.
Get the hottest celebrity shots from...wherever you surf! Don't hold your
breath waiting for Bob Marley action shots
to make it onto you carrier's deck.
Want album artwork from your favorite bands? It's waiting for you at
their website or MySpace page.
Or, simply round out your stalker lifestyle by carrying around the MySpace
profile picture of that hottie you almost asked out that one time but then, well,
after that incident with the rabid poodle...
MyxerMagic is a feature of Myxer, so of course there's no charge
for using it. (This is the internet after all - we make it up on volume.) Just
take 30 seconds to install MyxerMagic and start taking your favorite images with
you wherever you go.
How does it work?
No, really. How does it work?
When you install MyxerMagic, it adds a "Myxer - Send to my phone!" option to the
context menu of your web browser. (The context menu is the list of options
that shows up when you click your right mouse button on an image in your browser.)
Like that puppy? Right mouse click and select "Myxer - send image to phone!"
Can I customize the image for my phone?
Yes, you can crop exactly the part of the source image you want to send to your
phone. Because MyxerMagic uses the Myxer web site to work its, well, magic, you have
full access to the powerful Myxer image editor. That means that even if the
image isn't the right size or shape for your mobile phone, we'll fix it up
automatically to make it real pretty-like.
Because it uses the Myxer website, MyxerMagic gives you powerful image
manipulation tools - as well as automatic "best fit" for your phone's display.
MyxerMagic requires what's known as a "web browser extension." In order to add functionality
to your web browser, you have to download and install a little piece of software that we
provide on this page.
Installing for use with Internet Explorer
MyxerMagic works with modern versions of Internet Explorer running on Windows XP or higher.
- Download the installer package from the link above.
- On your desktop, find and double-click the icon myxermagic_ie_extensions.msi.
- A Welcome to Setup for MyxerMagic Web Extension screen will be displayed.
- Click Next. Click Next again on the second screen.
- An Installation Complete screen will be displayed when finished, click Close to exit.
- NOTE: You must close ALL browser windows for the web extension to be completely installed.
(By the way, if you're still using Internet Explorer, you might want to give Firefox a whirl.
It's the browser of choice for most of us here at Myxer.
Installing for use with Firefox
MyxerMagic works with the Firefox browser, too.
- Download the installer from the link above.
- A Software Installation window will appear.
- Click Install Now. If an Extension window appears, close this window.
- NOTE: You must close all browser windows for the web extension to be completely installed.
Trouble downloading? Click here
Hey, nothing personal, we know. It's not us, it's you. Anyhow. Here's how to cut
the cord if your love for us wanes:
Uninstalling MyxerMagic for Internet Explorer
- Select Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the Change or Remove Programs tab.
- Select MyxerMagic Web Extension from the list of applications.
- Click Remove. A pop up box appears asking to confirm the removal
- Click Yes to complete the browser extension removal.
- Close all browser windows for the changes to take effect.
Uninstalling MyxerMagic For Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser.
- For versions 1.5 select Tools > Extensions from the top menu.
For versions 2.0 and higher select Tools > Add-ons from the top menu.
- Select MyxerMagic Web Extension from the list of extensions.
- Click Uninstall. A pop up box appears asking to confirm the removal
- Click Ok to complete the browser extension removal.
- Close all browser windows for the changes to take effect.
Does this cost anything?
We don't charge anything for the use of MyxerMagic, but you must use text messaging
and internet access from your mobile phone. Your carrier may charge you for these
We have a whole page that basically says, yup, it's free.
Is my phone number safe?
Yes. We're very serious about protecting your phone number, and will never send you
any messages you don't explicitly ask us to send. See our privacy
policy for the details.
Do I need a Myxer account to use MyxerMagic?
Yes, you need to register for a free Myxer account after you've used MyxerMagic a few
times. Myxer accounts are "free as in beer," so you really shouldn't sweat it.
If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
By choice, man. By concious choice. (Thanks, Lloyd).
I installed MyxerMagic, but I still don't see the "Send image to phone!" option in my web browser
Make sure you've closed all instances of your web browser and restarted it. This
is necessary to complete the installation.
The "Myxer - Send image to phone!" option should appear when you click your right mouse
movie, or some other crazy thing that prevents MyxerMagic from realizing it's on an image.
I click on "Myxer - Send image to phone!" and nothing happens
The most likely cause is that you have a pop-up blocker installed on your browser that's
preventing the new window from being visible. The default settings of IE7 will likely
result in this behavior.
At the current time, the only option for you is to disable your popup blocker when you
want to use MyxerMagic. We're looking at how we might address this issue better in the
I click on the download button/link and nothing happens
In Firefox you may receive the following message, which appears in a narrow yellow band at the top of the web page:
"Firefox prevented this site (www.myxer.com) from asking you to install software on your computer." At the far right corner
there is an "Edit Options" button. Click this button, then click "Allow" and "Close." Now try downloading again.